Quick Replace Bookmarklet
What is it?
Quickly replace text or images in a webpage locally to see how it looks without knowing any HTML or having to upload files to a server.
Drag this link to your bookmarks or click it to try it out
- Click the bookmark to enable “edit mode”
- Roll over any element to see some useful info about the text or image it contains
- Click any text to edit it
- Drag an image from your local machine and drop it on top of an image in the browser to replace it
- Click the “X” in the upper-right of the viewport or the bookmark again to exit “edit mode”
- Dragging an image into the browser to replace an image will only work in browsers that support the File and FileReader API, like Chrome & Firefox
- Dragging an image into the browser to replace an image will only work with images displayed as an
img element - not as a CSS
background-image or a
- Replaced images will be shown at the same dimensions as specified by the original image (via
img attributes or CSS styles)
- Chrome will prevent the script, which is insecure (served over HTTP), from being loaded into a secure page (served via HTTPS)